What should I wear?
Please wear age-appropriate, wholesome clothing that fits properly. Don’t wear sloppy, oversized clothing, “pajama” bottoms, or costumes of any kind. Try to keep makeup unnoticeable and hair styled away from your face. Your overall appearance should be clean and fresh.
What should I bring?
- A recent picture from home that clearly shows your face is all we need, but nothing larger than a 5×7. Pictures are not returned so be sure you have extra copies. Professional pictures are not necessary.
- Bring a parent! If you’re under 18 years old you must have a parent with you to audition. The ARTS is a family business and we believe family is important, so we encourage adults to bring a parent, spouse or close friend too.
- DANCERS should prepare a one-minute routine and bring their own music and something to play it on (CD player, iPod player, etc.). Any dance style is acceptable but we prefer individuals who’ve had some formal training. Because this is a “family” event please keep the music and dancing Rated G; no foul language or suggestive dancing.
- SINGERS should be prepared to sing a one-minute song of your choice a cappella (without accompaniment). Because this is a “family” event please make sure the lyrics are Rated G.
- ACTORS can read one of the short scripts provided by the Scout, or prepare a one-minute monologue. Because this is a “family” event please make sure your monologue is Rated G. Download sample audition scripts.
- MODELS will walk for the Scout.
What can I expect at the auditions?
The ARTS auditions are fun and informative! You can expect to be treated fairly and respectfully by our Scout and the staff. There will be an information session to introduce you to the business in general, and to our company. We believe you should know exactly whom you’re auditioning for. The individual auditions will begin shortly thereafter. The entire process takes approximately 2-3 hours.
Can babies and toddlers audition too?
The minimum audition age is 5. We encourage you to make babysitting arrangements for younger children if they can’t sit quietly through the information session and the auditions.
Can I audition in more than one area?
YES! Everyone is required to audition for acting and then you can choose one other audition (singing, dancing, modeling). Please review the “What Should I Bring” section for detailed information and our sample audition scripts.
Who’ll get a callback to attend the ARTS?
We’re looking for individuals with potential and a positive attitude, but not everyone will receive a callback. We have to be selective in order to keep our event quality high, and to keep the agents and VIP’s coming back. If you don’t get a callback, don’t give up! You can audition for us again in the future.